Homemade Cookies | Whole Wheat Cookies | Lemon Cookies

"A Balanced Diet is a Cookie in Each Hand..."




Cookies were always a mind-block for me. Even though I've been baking for so many years now, but I never got around baking a cookie, for no particular reason. On thinking aloud, maybe I felt that it was not as satisfying as baking a cake... but how wrong was I !!
Off and on my father would encourage me to bake biscuits but with no results whatsoever, until one day he gave me an ultimatum to bake cookies :-)).



That weekend I tried my hands on my first cookies and I fell in love with baking all over again !! 
Baking cookies is such a joy, especially when you see so many cookies turning out from that little dough, and in no time. 
A whole new world of recipes opened up and there was no stopping me. Now I feel they are far simpler than cakes and the joy that a cookie brings no cake can :-)
Ever since my new 'cookie love', Tea Parties are my favourite kind of parties to host these days :-).

Here I share my first set of cookies I baked.  2 recipes back to back.
There will be more coming up and sooon......


Whole Wheat Cookies ( Eggless)



Ingredients

Wheat Flour 1 cup

Unsalted butter 1 tbsp

Salt ¼ tsp

Sugar 3-4 tbsp

Cardamom Powder  ½ -1 tsp

Baking Powder ½ tsp


Directions

1. Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cardamom powder and mix well.

2. Then add unsalted melted butter and mix well.

3. Now using water or milk knead it into a dough. Neither too soft nor too tight.

4. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes and keep aside for 10 minutes.

5. Pre heat oven to 425 f or 220 C.

6. Dust the counter top with a little powdered sugar and roll the dough into a thin layer. Using a cookie cutter of your desired shape, cut into a biscuits and arrange them on a greased baking tray.

7. Prick the biscuits with fork or knife  to prevent puff up.


8. Bake it for 12-15 minutes or it turn to crisp and light brown.

9. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.






Lemon Cookies







Ingredients

275g. flour

125g butter (at room temperature)

1 egg

80g brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder 

Zest and Juice of 1 lemon


Directions

1. All ingredients should be at room temperature.

2. Sift the flour along with the baking powder.

3. Beat egg and sugar. Once well incorporated, add the lemon juice and the zest.

4. Now add the butter and keep whipping until the mixture looks pale and creamy.

5. Add the sifted flour to the butter-egg mixture and knead into a smooth dough.

6. Wrap this dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.

7. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 cm thickness and cutout cookies with the desired shape of cookie cutter.

8. Bake in a 180 C preheated oven.

9. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.




Note: Do not bake cookies for more than 15 minutes, unless specified. Even they look a little under done or feel soft on touch, its okay, they will firm up and become crisp as they cool down.


Happy Baking !!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author