Lemon Pound (Bundt) Cake


One cake which never leaves my cake dish, this is my anytime 'go-to' cake. When nothing else seems right just bake this. Everyone loves it. They love the way it looks and love the way it tastes.
Serve it with ice cream and you have a perfect dessert or serve it as it is with tea.
I love it first thing in the morning with my cuppa coffee. The perfect balance of caffeine and zesty sweetness. 




To tell you honestly I love the way it looks and love it so much that I don't ever feel like cutting it.Cutting the first piece is always heart breaking.
I think the Bundt moulds make the most beautiful moulds for non icing cakes. Usually a little more expensive than other cake moulds but sure the investment.




So coming back to the cake, this is super moist cake with a fresh punch of zesty lemon.
A pound cake which is classically made in the shape of a  loaf has been transformed into a bundt shape. ( The loaf shape is always last on my priority for the cake)
A Bundt cake is essentially the type of mould, inspired by a traditional European fruit cake known as Gugelhupf, but Bundt cakes are not generally associated with any single recipe. So I chose the lemon pound cake recipe here.
I've dusted my cake with some castor sugar, you could also dribble some lemon glaze on it.





Lemon Pound (Bundt) Cake:

Ingredients:


3 cups All-purpose Flour

1 tbsp Baking Powder

¾ tsp Salt

3 cups Sugar

1 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature

½ cup Shortening, room temperature ( I did not use any shortening, instead I used another 1/2 cup of butter)

5 large Eggs

1 cup Whole Milk

6 tbsp Lemon Juice

1 Lemon, zested



Direction:

1. Preheat oven to 350F or 180 C

2. Butter and dust one large Bundt pan.

3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.  Set aside.

4. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each one.

5. Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and zest.


6. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake cakes until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.  Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes.  Turn cakes out onto racks and cool completely.

7. Dust with some castor sugar.

Happy Baking !!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author